After you have requested a LOR (letter of recommendation) from your teacher(s) and/or counselor via SCOIR, be sure to follow-up by providing them with the appropriate form. This will allow them to create a remarkable LOR.
- Be thorough with your information provided on this form
- Give them a deadline to complete their LOR
- Give them time to complete their LOR for you - minimum 2 weeks notice!
- Teachers and Counselors will upload the LOR to your SCOIR account and you will not be able to view it
For outside of the school recommenders...
- Request a LOR from them and ask that they email it to your College Counselor once it is completed.
- Liz Clark (A-G last names) email@example.com
- Kristen Swafford (H-Z last names) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teacher letters focus on the way you work and present yourself in class.
- A counselor letter focuses on your life in and out of school, along with any extenuating circumstances.
- Providing a LOR form allows your recommender to share a thorough testimonial of your performance, character, and potential.