Drivers Ed Information
If you are looking to take Driver's Ed through WRHS in the 2020-21 school year you have arrived at the right place. We will run 4 sessions during the school year - Fall, Late Fall, Winter, and Spring. Please carefully review the information on this page in order to fully understand how it works. We are only taking 21 students per class this year--priority will be given to oldest students first. We will have a waitlist each session which will be open to the first students who meet the registration requirements. If you intend to take Driver's Ed through the school district PLEASE DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LAST SESSION, we no longer do a summer session and we had to turn kids away last year.
The Drivers Education course offered at Wood River High School consists of a six week online class portion with an instructor completed through Idaho Digital Learning Academy (IDLA) and a driving portion provided by a local driving instructor. See more information below on both the class and driving portion.
Steps to register for Driver's Ed--Click here for details
- The student must be 14.5 in order to be eligible to take Driver's Ed
- Course costs $270. The payment is non-refundable. Please contact Liji Waite if you have any questions regarding the strict parameters for drive times before paying the money.
- Once the course is paid for, the student will receive a VOC (Verification of Compliance) which is needed to get a permit.
- Required temporary permit costs $21.50.
- In order to get permit, a biological parent or legal guardian (must provide court order or notarized power of attorney) must accompany student to DMV and provide a valid photo ID (Idaho Driver's License or ID card, Passport, Legal Presence Documentation). Student must have original state-issued birth certificate, social security # (or legal presence documentation), VOC, and photo ID (school activity card, passport, Idaho Identification Card, or a Yearbook).
- Students can apply for any of the sessions listed on the left hand side of this page. The date for the registration meeting is posted under each individual session link. In order to ensure that you make it into the session you would like, please take note of, and come to the registration meeting. The class will be capped at 21 students--with priority given to oldest students first. The class roster will be set at the registration meeting. If you do not make it into the class, you will be put on the waitlist
- Students will be charged a fee of $25 for each scheduled drive time missed, regardless of the reason.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION FOR SCHEDULED SESSIONS
In depth information on each session listed on the left hand side of this page.
IDLA Coordinator: Jeannie Bradshaw * firstname.lastname@example.org * 208-578-5020 x 2254
Driving Instructor: Liji Waite * email@example.com * 208-578-5020 x 2216
WRHS Assistant Principal: Julia Grafft * firstname.lastname@example.org * 208-578-5020 x 2215