Drivers Ed Information
If you are looking to take Driver's Ed through WRHS in the 2021-22 school year you have arrived at the right place. We will run 4 sessions during the school year - Fall, Late Fall, Winter, and Spring. Please carefully review the information on this page in order to fully understand how it works. We are only taking 30 students per class this year--priority will be given to oldest students first.
The Drivers Education course offered at Wood River High School consists of a six week online class portion with an instructor completed through Idaho Digital Learning Academy (IDLA) and a driving portion provided by a local driving instructor. See more information below on both the class and driving portion.
Steps to register for Driver's Ed
- The student must be 14.5 in order to be eligible to take Driver's Ed
- Course costs $270. The payment is non-refundable. Please contact Cassandra White if you have any questions regarding the strict parameters for drive times before paying the money.
- Once the course is paid for, the student will receive a VOC (Verification of Compliance) which is needed to get a permit.
- Required temporary permit costs $21.50.
- In order to get permit, a biological parent or legal guardian (must provide court order or notarized power of attorney) must accompany student to DMV and provide a valid photo ID (Idaho Driver's License or ID card, Passport, Legal Presence Documentation). Student must have original state-issued birth certificate, social security # (or legal presence documentation), VOC, and photo ID (school activity card, passport, Idaho Identification Card, or a Yearbook).
- Students can apply for any of the sessions listed on the left hand side of this page. The date for the registration meeting is posted under each individual session link. In order to ensure that you make it into the session you would like, please take note of, and come to the registration meeting. The class will be capped at 30 students--with priority given to oldest students first. The class roster will be set at the registration meeting.
- Students will be charged a fee of $25 for each scheduled drive time missed, regardless of the reason.
Driver's Ed Coordinator: Cassandra White firstname.lastname@example.org (208) 578-5425