Drivers Ed Information
If you are looking to take Driver's Ed through WRHS in the 2019-20 school year you have arrived at the right place. We will run 4 sessions during the school year - Fall, Late Fall, Winter, and Spring. Please carefully review the information on this page in order to fully understand how it works.
The Drivers Education course offered at Wood River High School consists of a six week online class portion with an instructor completed through Idaho Digital Learning Academy (IDLA) and a driving portion provided by a local driving instructor. See more information below on both the class and driving portion.
- The student must be 14.5 in order to be eligible to take Driver's Ed
- Course costs $270. The payment is non-refundable. Please contact Liji Waite if you have any questions regarding the strict parameters for drive times before paying the money.
- Once the course is paid for, the student will receive a VOC (Verification of Compliance) which is needed to get a permit.
- Required temporary permit costs $21.50.
- In order to get permit, a biological parent or legal guardian (must provide court order or notarized power of attorney) must accompany student to DMV and provide a valid photo ID (Idaho Driver's License or ID card, Passport, Legal Presence Documentation). Student must have original state-issued birth certificate, social security # (or legal presence documentation), VOC, and photo ID (school activity card, passport, Idaho Identification Card, or a Yearbook).
- Students can apply for a session. The first 36 eligible students who apply will be given the opportunity to register for the session once registration opens. Watch for an email indicating you are eligible to pursue final registration steps. The remaining students will be waitlisted with priority going to students who are oldest. Waitlisted students will have the opportunity to register for any available open seats.
- Students will be charged an additional fee of $25 for each scheduled drive time missed, regardless of the reason.
- Go to the DMV as soon as possible. Students who wait until the last day run the risk of the DMV running out of time to process the request.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION FOR SCHEDULED SESSIONS
In depth information on each session listed on the left hand side of this page.
IDLA Coordinator: Jeannie Bradshaw * email@example.com * 208-578-5020 x 2254
Driving Instructor: Liji Waite * firstname.lastname@example.org * 208-578-5020 x 2216
WRHS Assistant Principal: Julia Grafft * email@example.com * 208-578-5020 x 2215