Reading Room Student's Mission Statement
We, the students who work in the reading room, pledge to improve our reading.
- Take responsibility for our learning and behavior
- Be prepared and ready to learn
- Participate with a proactive attitude
- Respect others
- Practice reading in school and at home
- Return school books and materials promptly
Reading Specialist's Mission Statement
The primary responsibility of the Reading Specialist is to provide targeted reading interventions which enable students to become independent readers and lifelong learners.
- Coordinate and share assessment data
- Serve as a resource for students, parents and teachers
- Teach students to use reading strategies to comprehend a variety of texts
- Set high expectations to enable students to reach individual goals
- Foster a lifelong love of reading