BLAINE COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT BOARD OF TRUSTEES - FINANCE COMMITTEE
The Board of Trustees has tasked the 2018-19 Finance Committee with reviewing the Plant Facilities Levy next steps to include a review of upcoming projects which are impacted by these funds. The Board has also asked that the Finance Committee to review District properties which are not currently being utilized for academic purposes.
Finance Committee Meeting Schedule - All meetings are open to the public.
- October 16, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. - Alturas Elementary
- November 29, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. - Wood River High School and Silver Creek High School
- December 18, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. - Bellevue Elementary School
- January 24, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. - Hailey Elementary School
- February 21, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. - Wood River Middle School
- March 14, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. - Ernest Hemingway STEAM School
- March 3, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. - Carey School
- April 23, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. - Community Campus
- Mary 8, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. - District Office
- May 23, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. - District Office
- June 10, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. - District Office
FINANCE COMMITTEE ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Board of Trustees (Board) recognizes it is critical to be good stewards of public funds by ensuring transparency, accountability, and efficiency in the District’s finances. The Finance Committee (FC) is designed to act as a committee to the Board regarding the District’s financial interests and operations and assist in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities and ensuring the public’s trust. It is not the intention that the FC makes policy or manages staff. The Board will direct the specific responsibilities of the Committee to review any matters potentially having a significant impact on District finances before the Board takes action which may include:
1. Assist the District in educating the general public concerning school finance issues, including creating reader-friendly budget information.
2. Review the District's annual audit and accompanying management letters, and submit any comments or recommendations to the Board.
3. Review the annual budget, revenue and expenditure forecasts, and submit any recommendations to the Board.
4. Review and make recommendations regarding long-term capital plans for the District.
5. Provide input to the Board with respect to the investment of money and the undertaking of debt.
6. Advise the Board of any local, state, and/or national policies, legislation or emergent trends which may impact district finances.
7. Or other issues approved by the Board.
Consistent with this function, the Finance Committee should encourage continuous improvement of and should foster adherence to the District's policies, procedures and practices at all levels.
For more information about the Finance Committee please see BCSD Policy 220 - Advisory Committees.