2 BOARD SEATS UP FOR ELECTION THIS NOVEMBER
Duties of the Trustees of Blaine County School District
The powers and duties of the Trustees of Blaine County School District are set forth throughout Title 33 of the Idaho Code and policies of the Idaho State Department of Education and are summarized in terms of nine broad functions.
- To establish the educational policies of the school district;
- To determine the personnel policies of the school system;
- To select and employ a well-qualified superintendent of schools to manage the system;
- To employ the necessary personnel upon the recommendation of the superintendent of schools;
- To establish the educational and administrative structure of the school system, external and internal;
- To provide and maintain the physical plant and equipment;
- To assume and carry out the responsibility for the raising, spending, and accounting for the funds to support the school system;
- To evaluate the accomplishments of the system;
- To plan for the continued effectiveness and further improvement of the school system.
Budget Guiding Principles
Community Survey Results - December 2019
Spanish Language Survey:
For more information on School Board Trustee elections:
Read the Guide for School Board Candidates or contact Board Clerk Vicki Pitcairn at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Staff Housing Task Force Committee
Members of the Committee
Trustee Dan Turner
Chairman Keith Roark
Superintendent Jim Foudy
HR Director Brooke Marshall
Finance Manager Cheryl Sanderson
Next meeting August 4, 2020
The public can view the meeting at:
Prior meeting agendas and meeting minutes can be viewed here.