What programs are offered?
- Social Educational Groups
- Peer Support Groups
- Short Term Individual Counseling
- Scheduled College, Military and Career Representative Visits
- Parent Consultation
- Management of 504 Accommodation Plans
- Connection to Community Resources
Students may see the counselor/social worker for individual or small group counseling to assist with a variety of concerns and problems including:
- Academic struggles
- Post-secondary college and career planning
- Drug and alcohol assessments
- Freshman and college transitions
- Social and emotional issues
- Crisis intervention
- Transripts, grades, letters of enrollment (see Registrar).
How does a student see a counselor or the social worker?
- Student asks for Help
- Parent Referral
- Request of the Counselor or Social Worker
- Administrative Referral
- Teacher or Staff Referral
- Referral by Friend(s)
- Counselors and Social Workers see students by appointments through email, scheduling a meeting through the Registrar or dropping in and leaving their name on the counselor board.
How do parents see a counselor or social worker?
Parents are free to call or email the Counseling Office. Counselors and the Social Worker will help to arrange parent-teacher conferences, small group or individual counseling as well as outside referrals for intervention.