Welcome to GATE!
The GATE program exists to provide opportunities beyond the regular classroom experience for students who have demonstrated particular gifts or talents, and to help those students realize their potential.
Gifted and talented students are those students who show evidence of high performing capabilities in intellectual, creative, specific academic or leadership areas, or ability in the performing or visual arts; and who require services or activities not ordinarily provided by the school in order to more fully develop such capabilities.
The GATE Program will:
- Assist parents to meet the unique needs of GATE students.
- Assist teachers to meet the unique needs of GATE students.
- Assist administrators to meet the unique needs of GATE students.
- Provide challenging, stimulating programs and activities.
- Address the rate and level of learning.
- Educate schools and the community concerning the unique needs of GATE students.
- Advocate for the unique needs of GATE students.