Welcome to Fourth Grade
First Semester STEAM Theme: “Systems”
Place value, algorithm for addition and subtraction, and beginning multiplication
Developing a Paragraph and Writing a Personal Narrative
Rocks and Minerals, Electricity, and Environments
Creating Story Maps and integrating a variety of reading strategies
Getting to know Idaho: symbols, land features, rivers, counties, and economy
Second Semester STEAM Theme: “Then and Now”
Fractions, geometry, decimals, measurement, and problem solving using all four operations
Persuasive and descriptive paragraphs, report writing
HealthHealthy choices, nutrition, social and emotion health
Comparing and contrasting texts using a variety of genres, a poetry unit, and a historical fiction unit.
Idaho Indians, Mountain Men, Lewis and Clark, Oregon Trail, Gold Rush, and Idaho Government
Fourth Grade is filled with many opportunities to explore what life was like as pioneers began moving west and settling in Idaho.
1. Wagons Ho- a full fun-filled day of pioneer chores
2. Mountain Man presentation- Scott Grizzly Sorensen visits the fourth grade with wild stories of his “Mountain Man” lifestyle.
3. Field trip to the Idaho State Capitol building and Idaho Historical Museum
Fourth Grade Expectations
- Come to school ready to learn.
- Follow school rules and procedures.
- Be kind to yourself and your classmates.
- Read 30 min. 5 nights a week and fill in a reading log.
- Math homework- usually Mon., Tues., and Wed. nights
- Know math facts- addition, subtraction,multiplication, and division
- Ernest Hemingway STEAM School
- Hemingway Elementary
- Hemingway STEAM School