The Common App is a "common application" for over 1000 schools. Not all schools are a part of the Common App, but many are!
Important Navigation Tips:
- The Common App is how you apply to the schools that use the Common App.
- Scoir is how your school supports your application - your app will be considered unfinished until your school sends your supporting documents!
- All schools entered in your Common App must also be entered in your Scoir account - your counselors cannot see your Common App.
- The Common App tab houses sections that will be shared with all schools that you apply to through the Common App. Sections include:
- Profile, Family, Education, Testing, Activities, Writing, and Courses/Grades
- The My Colleges tab houses school specific sections that include information on application fees, deadlines, and recommendation requirements.
- This is where you'll find additional general questions and additional/supplemental essay or short response questions.
- Take a moment to understand FERPA
- Very important! Do not request an LOR through Common App! We only do our LORs through Scoir. See how to bypass this Common App section.
- Pro Tip: Do not enter email addresses. Only enter info for the red asterisks boxes.
- Some schools require you to submit additional information regarding a school-based Disciplinary Record. If this applies to you, it is recommended that you address this question thoroughly and with a lessons-learned mindset.